Kids Pre Season Training
Pre season training is defined as the weeks leading up to when kid's sports competitions begin.
How sports coaches structure early season training varies depending on the following:
- what sport they are coaching
- whether they are coaching a team, squad or individual
- the level of preparedness they require the athletes to obtain before competition begins
Pre season is a time for sports coaches to;
- meet the athletes and their parents
- introduce and thoroughly explain the code of conduct
- evaluate the kids fitness and skill levels
- ensure that athletes understand the rules and regulations of their chosen sport
- and most importantly begin the process of making kids in sports begin to enjoy and have fun doing sports games
Pre season training in most synonymous with coaches concentrating on kids fitness, strength and skill exercises for kids.
CLICK HERE to access more information of the type of activities to include in kids early season training.